Set Up Web Pay & Direct Pay - Allow Customers to Pay Online
Web Pay and Direct Pay allow your customers to pay invoices online. For Web Pay your customers create an account where they view and pay outstanding invoices on their account. Direct Pay is a feature added in AccountEdge 2018 and allows you to send your customers a single invoice for payment without the need of a customer login.
Setting up Web Pay for AccountEdge requires you to be on AccountEdge 2016 or later. Direct Pay requires you to be on AccountEdge 2018 or later. They also have two preliminary setup steps. Before you can setup Web Pay for AccountEdge you must have:
- An AccountEdge Connect (Formerly AccountEdge Cloud) account
- A Merchant Services account through Forte
Once you have signed up for both of these accounts you would want to proceed with the following steps to setup Web Pay:
- Open your file in AccountEdge Desktop.
- Go to Setup from the menu bar at the top of the screen and choose Web Pay > Web Pay Setup from the drop down menu.
- Click next.
- Enter in the email address and password you used to sign up for AccountEdge Connect (this will not be required if your company file is already linked with AccountEdge Connect - if you're already linked you would just hit next).
- Enter in the Merchant Services credentials you received from Forte (if these are already in your Company File you can just click next).
- Enter in your Web Pay URL (this is the address that your customer's will go to for paying their bills - it will automatically start with http://cloud.accountedge.com - you only need to type in the final part). Click next.
- Click close.
Following these steps will allow you to take web payments from your customers.
To include a Web Pay link on invoices when you email them make sure to click the check box in the upper right corner of your invoice “Send to Web Pay”. If you would like this to always be checked off by default, there is a check box in the customer’s card file.
Follow the instructions below to set the default web pay settings for your customer. This can be done from within AccountEdge Desktop or AccountEdge Connect.
Set Web Pay or Direct Pay as Default
To set Web Pay or Direct Pay as the default setting for your customer from AccountEdge Desktop:
- Open your customer’s Card Information window.
- Click on the Payment Details tab.
- Click the check box for “Send Invoices with Web Pay option for this customer.” This will make it so invoices are set to use Web Pay by default.
- If you would like to turn on Direct Pay so your customer doesn’t have to make an account click the check box for “Allow customers to pay single invoices without creating an account.” (optional)
To set Web Pay or Direct Pay as the default setting for your customer from AccountEdge Connect:
- Click the Contacts tab at the top.
- Find your customer and click their name to open the View Customer window.
- Click on the Selling Details tab.
- Click the Edit button in the lower right area.
- Click the check box for “Web Pay”. This will make it so invoices are set to Use Web Pay by default. (optional)
- If you would like to turn on Direct Pay so your customer doesn’t have to make an account click the check box for “Direct Pay”. (optional)