Error -230 5116:0:0 during optimization
You will typically get this message if there are 9 or 10 lock files in the folder where your company file resides. Lock files are left behind when the accounting program terminates abnormally. Since the application creates two lock files for the optimization process, it can not proceed without exceeding the maximum number of 10 lock files per folder rule. To delete the lock files:
- Make sure no one is logged into AccountEdge.
- Open the folder where the company file resides.
- Delete all files named Lock0001.flk through Lock0010.flk, and AccessXX.flk.
- After deleting the files, empty the trash. Sometimes a reboot of the machine may be necessary to complete this last step.
- Once you delete the lock files, the optimization process will run properly.
*Note: The error message can also begin with DM error -225:5116:0:0*
This error can also occur if the user is not signed onto their computer system as Administrator. In order to optimize, you need read/write access on the folder in which your company file resides.