Load Payroll Tax Tables (US)
AccountEdge provides payroll tax updates to anyone who is currently enrolled in a Payroll Tax Support plan.
Loading new payroll tax updates during the year requires you to be on the newest version of AccountEdge. Payroll tax updates released in February and later will be available only in it's current year version of AccountEdge.
To load new updates is a two step process.
- First you need to check for updates in the software. This will only check for updates to the version you are on. For example, if you check for updates in the 2017 AccountEdge software this will only find updates and patches to the 2017 version - it will not update you to the 2018 version of the software.
- On Mac: Choose AccountEdge Pro or AccountEdge NE from the upper left corner of the screen next to the Apple and click "Check for Updates"
- On Windows: Choose Help from the top menu and click "Check for Product Updates"
After checking for updates on each platform you will be asked to install the last update. The software will quit out when you do this and then reopen afterwards.
- After you have installed the latest update you need to then load the latest tax tables:
- Option 1: Go to the top menu bar and select Setup > Load Payroll Tax Tables/Payroll Updates.
- Option 2: Under the Payroll Command Center - click the button labeled Payroll Updates.
- Option 3: When processing payroll, AccountEdge will notify you with a Payroll Updates window if your available tax tables have not been loaded.
- You will receive a message telling you which payroll tax updates are available for you to load or it will tell you that you are up to date. If there are tax tables available click "Load Tax Tables" and then "Load New Tables."
You will receive a message telling you which payroll tax updates are available for you to load or it will tell you that you are up to date. If there are tax tables available click Load Tax Tables and then Load New Tables.
As a final note, if your state's SUI rate or your FUTA rate changed - this information is not included in the tax tables. You can update this information by going to Setup > Payroll and 1099 Information and then adjusting the rate.
*To load payroll tax updates you need to be in the current payroll year. For information on how to Start a New Payroll Year in the software click here.